Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI): ALI-PALNI Shared Print Project
In 2013, 36 Indiana academic libraries came together to take part in the ALI/PALNI Shared Print Project. By sharing their resources, the libraries were able to engage Sustainable Collection Services to analyze the circulating print monographs of each library individually and as a whole. The Project has both short-term and long-term goals. In the short-term, libraries are able to make data-driven decisions about weeding their collections and reclaim space for student use. As we look to the future, the Project can also be the foundation for a shared collection mindset and allow greater cooperative collection development.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://academiclibrariesofindiana.org/home/sharedprintproject
- Organization URL: http://academiclibrariesofindiana.org/
- Members List: http://academiclibrariesofindiana.org/home/sharedprintproject
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: Informal agreement participants will not weed any items classified as scarcely held
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Planning
- Format Archived: Monographs
- Selection: Circulating print monographs within library collections to preserve and for potential digitization. Criteria for Scarcely held: Held by fewer than 4 libraries within the state of Indiana (exact edition).
- Retention Period: Not specified
- Ownership: Not specified
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|