Portico began as a project to preserve E-Journals. It is a dark archive, meaning that a title archived within the repository is only made available when some issue has made it temporarily or permanently unavailable. Both Publishers and libraries contract for services from Portico.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://www.portico.org/digital-preservation/about-us/portico-resource
- Organization URL: http://www.portico.org
- Members List: http://www.portico.org/digital-preservation/who-participates-in-portico/participating-libraries
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: http://www.portico.org/digital-preservation/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2012-Portico-Library-Agreement.doc
- Archive Type: Digital
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Mixed
- Selection: Publishers contract with Portico in order to archive their content. Current content includes: e-journals, e-books and d-collections (archive collections).
- Retention Period: Permanent
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|
|Page||Not specified||Electronic delivery only||No access|