Council of Prairie and Pacific Libraries' Shared Print Archive Network (SPAN)
SPAN is a distributed (shared) retrospective print repository program. SPAN's main goals are to provide access to shared print archives, create opportunities for the reallocation of library space, and preserve the print record for its members in a cost-effective way. Rather than thinking about the project in terms of preserving the “last copy,” this partnership emphasizes the role of the archived print as part of an optimal copy network that includes other print archiving initiatives.
- Program URL: http://coppul.ca/programs/shared-print
- Organization URL: http://www.coppul.ca
- Members List: http://coppul.ca/sites/default/files/uploads/SPAN%20AgreementApril2012revWEB.pdf
- Country: Canada
- MOU URL: http://www.coppul.ca/programs/shared-print
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Mixed
- Selection: Collection Decisions are made by SPAN Management Committee and COPPUL. Collection analysis identifies Title sets. Journals are categorized by level of risk based on electronic availability, rarity, and regional relevance (Western Canada).
- Retention Period: 10 years
- Ownership: Transfers to Archiving Library
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|