PALCI Distributed Print Archive (PDPA)
The PDPA builds on work initiated in 2008 in which various PALCI members made commitments to retain selected print journal collections for the PALCI membership. The current goal of the program is to preserve, retain and enable access and delivery to a distributed print collection for the benefit of PALCI members, thereby allowing the de-accession of individual member print holdings, where possible. The PDPA is led by a Steering Committee and also has various project teams working on shared print for journals, reference sets, and other materials.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://palci-ccd.pbworks.com/w/page/13784118/Distributed%20serials%20archive
- Organization URL: http://www.palci.org/
- Members List: http://www.palci.org/member-list/
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: http://palci-ccd.pbworks.com/f/Member+Library+Agreement--Distributed+Print+Serials+Archive.doc
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Planning
- Format Archived: Journals
- Selection: PALCI is developing an archive of print serials for titles published by scholarly societies, which may be available in electronic format but may be occasionally needed.
- Retention Period: 10 years
- Ownership: Transfers to Archiving Library
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|
|Issue||Issue||Electronic delivery, physical in-library use only||No access|