The National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) and the National Library of Medicine (NLM) are committed to preserving print copies of 250 Abridged Index Medicus® and PubMed Central® serial titles. For each serial title 12 medical libraries participating in DOCLINE ( an automated interlibrary loan (ILL) request routing and referral system with 3,200 U.S., Canadian, and Mexican participating libraries) commit to retain titles until 2036. DOCLINE records the libraries commitments to titles. The National Library of Medicine is committed to holding the 13th copy. This is a voluntary national cooperative program. Funding will not be provided to help libraries maintain or store the titles they commit to retain.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/psd/printretentionmain.html
- Organization URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/
- Members List:
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/psd/MedPrint_agreement.pdf
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Journals
- Selection: A list of cimmitted titles is here, https://www.nlm.nih.gov/psd/MedPrint_titles_library_count.pdf . To be committed a serial's holdings must be 95% complete at the volume level.
- Retention Period: 25 years
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|
|Volume||Volume||Electronic delivery, physical in-library use only||Not specified|