Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) Monographic Collection Analysis Pilot
In 2012-2013, the Steering and Collections Committees discussed a collection analysis for VIVA. A group of potential pilot participants was constructed from a survey about this project that went out to the Collection Development contacts at all of the VIVA institutions in Spring 2013. The resulting Monograph Collection Analysis Pilot has included the main (non-health, law, etc.) libraries at twelve institutions across VIVA. An MOU for rare and unique monographs was approved by the Committees on August 8, 2014. An MOU for widely-held monographs was approved by the Committees on December 11, 2014 and put into operation in June 2015.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://www.vivalib.org/committees/collections/monographiccollectionanalysis.html
- Organization URL: http://www.vivalib.org/
- Members List: http://www.vivalib.org/aboutviva/listofmembers.php
- Country: United States
- MOU URL: http://www.crl.edu/sites/default/files/shared/papr/VIVA_MOU_Rare.pdf
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Monographs
- Selection: An analysis of the seven research institutions from the original pilot divided all title-holdings from these institutions into two categories those safe to weed and those that were not.
- Retention Period: 10 years
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|