Hathitrust Print Monographs Archive
In October 2011, HathiTrust members approved a ballot initiative to develop a Distributed Print Monographs Archive corresponding to volumes represented within HathiTrust, to be collectively supported by the HathiTrust membership. During Phase 1 June 2011-July 2017), participating libraries will play two primary roles: serve as planning partners with SPAC to finalize the policies, business model and MOU that will govern the HathiTrust Shared Print Program, and work with HathiTrust to identify which of the library’s matching print monograph holdings will be retained. The final MOU, including retention periods, await final approval by Hathitrust membership. Phase 2 will be building infrastructure including planning, collection analysis, collection management and resource sharing.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: https://www.hathitrust.org/shared_print_program
- Organization URL: http://www.hathitrust.org
- Members List: https://www.hathitrust.org/shared-print-phase-1-libraries
- Country: USA
- MOU URL:
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Planning
- Format Archived: Monographs
- Selection: Secure retention commitments for print holdings that correspond to monograph titles in HathiTrust. At the end of Phase 1, 50 libraries have pledged to retain 16 million monograph volumes that represent approximately 4.8 million individual book titles.
- Retention Period: Not specified
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|