Michigan Shared Print Initiative
In 2011, the libraries at Michigan's publicly-supported universities sought to devise a collaborative approach to shared print collections among themselves. As facilitator and fiscal agent, MCLS brought together a subset of the group in a pilot project to identify titles that are commonly-held but little-used. Participating libraries used services and tools developed by Sustainable Collection Services (SCS) to identify such titles in their respective individual collections, and to compare results across the group. The pilot project continued through April 2012. Because of its success, two more libraries have joined the project.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: https://www.mcls.org/about-mcls/collaborative-projects/michigan-shared-print-initiative-mi-spi/
- Organization URL: https://www.mcls.org
- Members List: https://www.mcls.org/about-mcls/collaborative-projects/michigan-shared-print-initiative-mi-spi/
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: https://www.mcls.org/index.php/download_file/view/199/311/
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Monographs
- Selection: Titles that are commonly-held but little-used. A total of 736,236 titles were identified by criteria developed in the 2011-12 Sustainable Collection Services LLC (SCS) deselection project.
- Retention Period: 15 years
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|