Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI): ALI-PALNI Shared Print Project
In 2013 thirty-six Indiana academic libraries agreed to participate in the ALI/PALNI Shared Print Project. The libraries engaged Sustainable Collection Services to analyze the circulating print monographs of each participant. The project has both short-term and long-term goals. In the short-term, libraries make data-driven decisions about weeding their collections and reclaim space for student use. Long term the Project is the foundation for a shared collection and cooperative collection development.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://academiclibrariesofindiana.org/home/sharedprintproject
- Organization URL: http://academiclibrariesofindiana.org/
- Members List: http://academiclibrariesofindiana.org/home/sharedprintproject
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: No Formal MOU. Informal agreement is that participants will not weed any items classified as scarcely held
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Monographs
- Selection: Preserving 126,564 circulating print monographs held in member library collections. Greenglass used to identify scarcely held monographs.
- Retention Period: Not specified
- Ownership: Not specified
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|