The Research Collections and Preservation Consortium (ReCAP)
ReCAP consists of a preservation repository and resource sharing services, jointly owned and operated by Columbia University, The New York Public Library and Princeton University, and located on Princeton University's Forrestal Campus. Currently approximately 13 million items are in ReCAP's care and they are used to fulfill approximately 250,000 requests for materials each year, from its partners and from libraries around the world.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://recap.princeton.edu/collections-services/shared-collections
- Organization URL: http://recap.princeton.edu/
- Members List: http://recap.princeton.edu/about/members
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: none
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Mixed
- Selection: Three categories held at ReCAP : Shared collections (retention required), open collections (no retention required) and private collections (special collection materials with access restricted to the owning institution).
- Retention Period: Permanent
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|