The Research Collections and Preservation Consortium (ReCAP)
The Research Collections and Preservation Consortium (ReCAP) was created in 2000 to support its members' goals of preserving their library and archival collections, and making them available to researchers. The ReCAP facility consists of a preservation repository and resource sharing services, and is located on Princeton University's Forrestal Campus. ReCAP is jointly owned and operated by Columbia University, The New York Public Library and Princeton University. Harvard University is an associate member and not an owner. More than fifteen million items are currently in ReCAP's care and they are used to fulfill approximately 250,000 requests for materials each year, from its partners and from libraries around the world.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: http://papr.crl.edu/program/68/the-research-collections-and-preservation-consortium-recap
- Organization URL: http://recap.princeton.edu/
- Members List: http://recap.princeton.edu/about/members
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: none
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Mixed
- Selection: There are 3 categories of content in ReCAP : Shared collections, open collections and private collections. ReCap is adding to shared collections by identifying items already held at ReCAP to add to shared collections.
- Retention Period: Permanent
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|