University of Iowa/Iowa State/UW-Madison Distributed Print Repository
In 2009 the University of Iowa, Iowa State, and the University of Wisconsin-Madison partnered to create a Distributed Print Repository. Through this partnership, commonly held materials which had complete electronic duplication were identified. From those titles, one partner library has committed to retain a single copy of the print versions of the materials for a minimum of 25 years, which thereby enables the partner libraries to withdraw their copies and rely collectively on the shared repository copy (along with local electronic access).
Review Profile Link:
- MOU URL: http://www.crl.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/misc/Iowa-IowaState-UW-MOU.DOC
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Operational
- Format Archived: Journals
- Selection: The initial focus of the Repository is on printed backfiles of journals from the publishers Institutes of Physics, American Chemical Society and Annual Reviews.
- Retention Period: 25 years
- Ownership: Original owner
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|