Alliance Shared Print Trust (Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries)
The Alliance Shared Print Trust (aka “the Trust”) is a program of the Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries. The Trust is a distributed print repository in which participants agree to retain library materials in trust on behalf of the Alliance membership. The goal is to assist libraries in disclosing their long-term retention commitments so that strong collections are maintained for users in the region.
Review Profile Link:
- Program URL: https://www.coalliance.org/shared-print-archiving-policies
- Organization URL: https://www.coalliance.org/
- Members List: https://www.coalliance.org/member-libraries
- Country: USA
- MOU URL: https://www.coalliance.org/sites/default/files/ColoradoSharedPrintMOUMay2015.pdf
- Archive Type: Print
- Status: Planning
- Format Archived: Journals, Monographs, Govt Docs
- Selection: Libraries commit to retain print in particular subject areas. Members commit to retain the last circulating copy of a title so others may weed it. Participating libraries tag catalog records. The records are ingested into Gold Rush® and institutions use the Gold Rush® Library Content Comparison System for weeding/acquisitions. Analysis results can be exported via MARC export or spreadsheet to help in decision making.
- Retention Period: 25 years
- Ownership: Transfers to Archiving Library
|Archive Category||Completeness Validation||Condition Validation||Member Access||Nonmember Access|